Continuing with the display home them in this month’s newsletter it worth noting that displays a very attractive investment option.
Display homes can be bought as a finished home or can involve a buyer entering into a building contract to build a display home and then the buyer simultaneously enters into an agreement with a builder to lease that home back for a fixed period of time (usually with options for further rental periods).
Display home leasebacks are popular because:
- The homes are located in prime locations in the latest estates and sub-divisions and are usually part of display villages so the neighbouring homes are also of a similar high standard;
- Because the displays are the builder’s “shopfront” they are landscaped and finished to the highest industry standards, often including a large number of upgraded items such as ducted air conditioning, integrated home entertainment systems and home management systems;
- While the home is on display there is nobody living in the house hence there is less wear and tear, particularly on the appliances and kitchen areas, than if a “regular” tenant was living in the home;
- The homes are regularly maintained to ensure Integrity is presenting the property in the best possible way to attract clients;
- Landscaping becomes very well established during the period the home is on display;
- Integrity enters a significant number of display homes into design awards each year and has some achieved some success. So this means when it comes time to sell the display the home can often be marketed as an award winning design; and
- Depending on an individual’s financial situation there can negative gearing and tax benefits in a display home investment.
Please contact Integrity New Homes Tweed and Gold Coasts today about display home leaseback option on PH: 1300 886 793. While the specific details can vary, the information above provides an overview example of standard practice.